Thursday, September 7, 2017

English Paper Piecing Workshop

I'll be teaching a full-day English paper piecing (EPP) workshop in Pickering, Ontario on Sunday, September 17, 2017. The workshop is being hosted by the Twisted Stitchers Quilt Guild.

My workshop is called Easier Than Pie & Beyond because my methods and techniques make EPP easier than pie! I've been using EPP to make quilts for 35+ years and developed my "beyond" methods in the late 1990s. It is fun and exciting for me to see others get excited about the possibilities using my basic techniques combined with "made" fabric methods. It takes EPP beyond the basics and launches it to the next level. Although this workshop focuses on hexagons the knowledge you will acquire can be applied to any shape.   These are my class samples that demonstrate the techniques that I teach.



If you are interested in attending the workshop feel free to send me an email (my address is on the sidebar on the right) and I will forward your message to the organizer. She'll be able to provide you with all the details including location and cost.

Until I post again, happy sewing.
Karen

13 comments:

  1. What excellent samples! These would make the basis of an online course, too. Have you ever thought of making a Craftsy class? Wish I could go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish I was there. VBG! :-) Wow, just read the previous comment, and I totally agree. I would take an online class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome way to spend the day--sure wish I lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Karen! YOu go girl, have loved your blog for years now and alas Pickering is a bit far for me to drive. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I just stopped by to say hello and Happy New Year. also wanted to let you know I dug out my civil war hexagons that you helped me plan for. I had to give up hand sewing for awhile-most of last year-but I am happy to be able to work on it again hugs to you Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started following you on IG and amazed at your quilts! I love doing epp but have never been so inspired to do a whole hexie quilt. GORGEOUS work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen!

    Wishing you would come back to blogging, we have missed you! There are not many Canadian quilt bloggers and yours was a treat to read and follow.

    Hope you are well
    ❤️

    ReplyDelete