Friday, August 29, 2014

Value Proposition QAL - Partial Block 2

Welcome back to my Value Proposition Hexagon Quilt Along (QAL).


Today I'll share Partial Block 2. This is one of four half blocks that are used to fill in the sides of the quilt. In the following picture you can see the quilt layout with the four partial blocks on the side. I've planned a triple path and the pink is the middle of the triple path. To read more about constructing the path go here.


Value Proposition Map for Partial Block 2


Value Proposition Recipe for Partial Block 2
  • cut 10 Light* identified as A on Map (4 for Round 1 and 6 for Round 3)
  • cut 7 Medium** identified as B on Map (for Round 2)
  • cut 5 Dark*** identified as C on Map (1 for Centre and 4 for Round 3)
* I used the same Light fabric for Round 1 and scraps of Light for Round 3. You can do likewise or use a single fabric.
** I used an assortment of Mediums but you could use a single fabric if you prefer
*** I used two different darks. One was for the Centre and the remaining four were used in Round 3. If you prefer you can use only one dark.

My Value Proposition Block



This is my block in colour.

I set up a Value Proposition QAL page on Flickr so that you can post pictures of your blocks and also see what others are doing! There are many very different and exciting blocks to see and there are also some pictures showing a bunch of blocks arranged together and that is very exciting to see! 

If you are looking for previous Block installments of my Value Proposition Hexagon QAL you will find all of the links under the tab Quilt Alongs by Karen H just under the banner. Have fun making Partial Block 2. Block 11 will be available on September 5, 2014.


I hope you are having fun with my QAL! If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email. I send an email response to every comment so if you don't hear from me it means you are a no-reply blogger and I have no way of contacting you (unless you leave me your email address).


Until I post again, happy sewing!
Karen H

4 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty! Thank you Karen! Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Valuable post full of info. You are so thorough in your explainations. I love your actual block, such beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is coming together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete