She did some really lovely embroidery in the centre. Look at all the pretty bullion knot roses!
Grace asked if I would quilt it for her and I told her I would if I got my quilts finished. I did get them done so Wednesday night I picked up Grace's quilt and first thing Thursday morning I started working on it. Thew show is in eight days! YIKES!!!! I stitched around the star and on both sides of the pink ring. Next step was to add some feathers to fill the spaces between the ring and the embroidery.
I then quilted on either side of the narrow pink borders, around each little square and finally little curved lines in the background behind the little squares. I've not decided what to do in the squares so that's on hold.
This is what if looks like on the back. I love a simple print like this because is shows off the quilting.
Back to the pink ring and another round of feathers but before quilting them I quilting a line just inside the outer edge of the ring. It provides a place to stop the feathers and I flattens the edge so that the feather is accepted. I am crazy about this pink border. I don't know what it is but I love it. When I was preparing to add them I made sure that they moved in the same direction as the feathers on the light blue background. I thought it would be more comfortable for the eye.
I filled the royal blue background with a bunch of doodling or free form quilting if you prefer. I used Superior Fantastico in a steely blue colour (2152). When you see it in person it almost looks gold on the royal blue background but there is no yellow in it at all! I quite like the effect because it looks like brocade!
I think it looks great from the back.
I have to quilt the centre star and the outer pink border but right now I'm stuck for ideas. A cup of tea and a good think will solve that problem! Then I can finish the quilting and prep the quilt for the sleeve and binding!
Until I post again happy sewing!