I've completed the second round of Rosette #1 in The New Hexagon Millefiori Quilt Along! This is where I left off before I made my fabric selection for the other six hexagons in round 2.
For the next six hexagons I chose another pale flesh tone-on-tone print, a burnt orange batik and the coral print by Kensington Studios for Quilting Treasures.
For the other six I fussy cut so that there was a dark spot in the middle of each diamond and for this six I decided to fussy cut the large white medallion in the centre. This is the first of the six hexagons.
And here it is all put together!
For the third and final round I will need several prints and after considerable searching through my stash I've found a coppery print that I think will work well with what I've already done!
Several people have asked th paper pieces I am using to make the hexagons. I am simply making copies of the hexagons and then cutting them apart. To prep the fabric I am using a slightly modified version of Missie's starch basting technique. I begin by tacking the paper templates to the fabric with my Elmer's Purple Glue. I was reading Esther Aliu's blog and she wrote that it is not a true glue but rather a starch. You can read her post here.
I fold the seam allowance over and press with my Dritz Petite Press. I paint along the crease with a little starch and press once again.
The papers will remain in place until I am ready to remove them and I have a nice crisp fold for sewing!
Until I post again, happy sewing!