The round is now stitched to what I've already made and this is how it is looking.
To bring the shape back to a large 3" hexagon I have to add six little diamonds. The fabric I chose has a tan background that looks too stark against the red so I got out my brown Sakura pen and "fixed" the fabric. The top diamond shows the areas that need to be darkened and the bottom diamond is the result.
This is the result!
The other day I wrote about my Shweshwe fabric that comes from South Africa. One of the interesting things about it is that the manufacturers information is printed on the back rather than on the selvage. This is the logo on the back of the fabric; it is about 5" across. Perfect for a cat lover!