I watered down the yellow watercolour paint and then added the textile medium. All of the hexagons were painted and allowed to sit for 24 hours. The colour was heat set with a medium heat iron. In addition to these yellow hexagons I added three other fabrics (the fabric on the far right is the one that I tinted with the paint and textile medium).
Voila - the finished GG block! I also used a black Sakura pen to blacken the edges of the yellow hexagons where they touched the center hexagon.
Before I go I thought I would share another one of the blocks from my Ausiegons quilt. One of the fun parts about making the quilt was the ability to experiment with colour combinations and print combinations. I learned so much and in the end all of the blocks worked together. I am fond of this colour combination!
There'll be no post tomorrow but I'll be back on Thursday. Until I post again, happy sewing!