Last night I finished stitching another Godstone Grannies hexagon block. I like the look of the brown double diamond in this one. Bees were fussy cut for the centers of each diamond. This is the first of a pair and the second one is cut, basted and ready to be stitched together! The hexies are 3/4".
I checked out the Soupcon Flicker Group and I see Sheila is adding borders to her Soupcon quilt. I think what she is doing is absolutely perfect. I had been eyeballing this border for another quilt so I am pleased to see it in action on Soupcon. Well done Sheila!
I finished quilting my Mom's African banner quilt so she can now start embellishing it with beads and whatnot. The busy fabric at the top and bottom was a great place to experiment with different designs. I tried out some clam shell quilting to fill a little spot and it turned out reasonably well. I'm okay with reasonably well! Tomorrow I'll show you how I did it!
Until I post again, happy sewing!