Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Girls quilt is almost done and more Grannies

I continue to work on The Girl's quilt and hope to have it quilted today. I've got three rounds to go and there are four rows of quilting in each. One thing I had meant do to but didn't do was to match the bobbin thread colour to the top but instead I just used a neutral colour to match the back. Had I used a coloured thread in the bobbin it would have added an extra design element to the quilt. Next time maybe I'll do that! I love the look of straight line quilting. It is modern and fresh but man oh man is it boring!


In my spare time I've managed to stitch two more Godstone Grannies (GG) blocks and this time they are stitched correctly so there'll be no reverse sewing needed!


This block will be a filler for the top and bottom of the GG quilt.


The warm weather has finally arrived and so has the neighbours cat Teetoo! He always surprises me when I go out back for a look because he blends in with his surroundings. Here he just looks like one of the trunks on the ginkgo tree!

Time for me to finish a quilt so until I post again, happy sewing!
Karen H

8 comments:

  1. Love your latest GG - they're gorgeous with that fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, love the girl's quilt. I am quilting in the ditch a Burgoyne Surrounded pattern quilt. I do not want to interfere with the pattern of all the one inch squares so have done only one diagonal line, the rest straight in the ditch. Boring indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of TeeToo on the Ginkgo tree. Of course I love the quilt and hexies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Sewing Karen-love Tee Too also-seems like a character

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the straight line quilting on the quilt. I do that a lot on the quilts I quilt on my home sewing machine. Thanks for the tip on the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilting! It might be boring Karen but IMHO it is a perfect choice for this quilt - will be stunning finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your straight line quilting might be boring but looks fabulous ! i am fond of your hexies !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Straight line quilting is fresh, modern and beautiful but it's also labour intensive and boring. The end result is definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete