The last two blocks for the centre of Brinton Hall are now stitched! This is a series quilt from QuiltMania magazine and it began with issue 107.
The next step is to sew the seven blocks together and then add the filler pieces.
I've also added a dark round to the parrot block which is for the quilt that will be made with the leftover rows from Birds in the Loft. The dark border really makes the centre shine. I'm pulling fabrics for the next rounds and am narrowing down my choices. I really need to come up with a name for this quilt because it helps me keep the project organized in my mind!
I've also got another picture of the old hexagon quilt project I pulled out. It is my version of a quilt in the Shelburne Museum collection. It was pictured in a book Enduring Grace by C&T publishing. The original quilt was made by Jane Morton Cook in 1820-1840. The book was published in 1997 and I think I bought it around that time so I expect that is when I started the quilt!
There was no pattern in the book so I drafted my own. Here is a picture of the centre of my quilt. I appliqued the hexagon unit to borders and then there are small and large hexagon rosettes appliqued in the borders. All are finished except for the corners. I stopped when I reached the point where I had to stitch the corner units to the borders. I've now set them in and am basting the rosettes (which were already made) so that they can be appliqued. The quilt will need a border and the fabric has been ordered and should be here any day now!
So many projects on the go and not enough time! Plus I've still got oodles of ideas for more quilts.
Until I post again, happy sewing!