The blocks are primarily variations of turquoise but there are a few pops of orange to make the quilt sparkle. We managed to make all of the blocks (I think there are 25 of them) and they are now on the ironing board waiting for a good press with a little starch. I can't wait to see how they look when they are all sewn together! I think the plan is for a quilt top of just blocks with no border. I'll be sure to take pictures and share them with you!
Babs allowed me to take some pictures of the coil baskets she has made. I think they are fabulous. She has been using her scraps of batiks and I love the earthy look. The basket on the upper right has a small band of orange. She had just a little strip so she threw it in with the greens and works! If I didn't have so much to do I would be making one of these for myself!
I continue to put together my Gardens of a King blocks from Missie's pattern that I'm testing. I'm not sure which block I like better, the red or the blue! I like the subtle change of the different blues that I used.
The paprika coloured fabric in the outer ring is a leftover scrap from the backing of my quilt Good Golly Miss Mollie. I hate throwing out scraps because there's always a place that they can be used!
Right, time for one more cup of tea and then I've got some running around to do. I'm hoping that my book store has the current issue of QuiltMania in so I can pick it up. Until I post again, happy sewing!