Friday, October 24, 2014

The next two blocks in my Gardens of a King quilt

I had previously showed a Gardens of a King block. I just love everything about this one from the design to the colours I chose!The one little fussy cut in the middle is perfect! It is a leftover bit of fabric from the late 1990's. I bought it to use in my Dear Jane quilt. I just can't bear to toss these little scraps because I know that they will eventually find a home! This one waited 15 years!


The pattern calls for two blocks from each pattern and this is the second block. To make it look a little different I reversed the placement of the different values and I'm thrilled with how it turned out!


Missie promises that the Gardens of a King pattern will be available soon. She was recently at a quilt show and her sample quilt was on display. You can see it here. What you don't see is that there is one more border to go on the quilt and it will be appliqued motifs. I just got the patterns for the applique border blocks and as soon as I finish piecing the circular blocks I'll be on to them! I can't tell you what they are but I promise that they are very pretty!

I've managed to complete one more Lozagons hexagon block. The colours are a soft and muted. Now that I look at the picture is appears a little beat up from the last round of stitching!


I probably should have given it a press before I took the picture but I'm in a rush to get out the door. Today is the first day of the Creativ Festival and I'm going to have a look around and see what's on offer! I'm sure I'll come away with a scrap or two of fabric. Really, who can resist? Certainly not me! So until I post again, happy sewing!
Karen H

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I seeing right this is going to be $100 pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that latest garden of kings block. It will be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make the most interesting blocks and I love the fussy cutting. How long does it take you to make one. I'm very slow myself with any sewing hand or machine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your points are so great. I love how you fussy cut the fabric on the 2nd one.
    Love the fabric combo in your hexie block.

    ReplyDelete