Friday, October 31, 2014

Value Proposition Quilt Along - Block 15 on Hallowe'en!

Welcome to my Value Proposition Hexagon Quilt Along (QAL). Today I will share Block 15. In Block 14 we used "made" fabric and I shared with you how I do it. Once again used "made" fabric in this block but it is optional - if your prefer you can just use fabric of the correct value where I used the "made" fabric. If you need a refresher on "made" fabric you will find it here.


Value Proposition Map for Block 15


Value Proposition Recipe for Block 15


  • Cut 6 Light "Made" Fabrics* identified as A on Map (for Round 2)
  • Cut 18 Complementary** Medium identified as B on Map (6 for Round 2 and 12 for Round 3)
  • Cut 13 Slightly Darker Medium identified as C on Map (1 for Centre and 12 for Round 3)

* if your prefer not to use "made" fabric then just cut 6 Lights. If you use "made" fabric pay particular attention to the placement of the stripe in the made fabric.
** select a fabric that is complementary to the Cs. I chose to use a blue because it complements and contrasts with the beige-brown. We will use colour rather than value to create the shape in this block. In addition I chose to use a different medium for the 6 Bs in Round 1.

My Value Proposition Block 15



I set up a Value Proposition QAL page on Flickr so that you can post pictures of your blocks and also see what others are doing! There are many very different and exciting blocks to see and there are also some pictures showing a bunch of blocks arranged together and that is very exciting to see! 
If you are looking for previous Block installments of my Value Proposition Hexagon QAL you will find all of the links under the tab Quilt Alongs by Karen H just under the banner. Have fun making Block 15. Block 16 will be available on November 14, 2014. We also have two more partial blocks for the sides so they will be coming soon!

I hope you are enjoying my QAL. If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email. I send an email response to every comment so if you don't hear from me it means you are a no-reply blogger and I have no way of contacting you (unless you leave me your email address).

Until I post again, happy sewing and happy Hallowe'en from Gump and me
!


Karen H

6 comments:

  1. Very cool block! I think I'm going to need to put them all up again to see what colors I want to use on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween-thanks for the new block

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still plugging away-up to Block 4 now. Is it okay if we repeat colors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Halloween to you and Gump!
    A Nice new block

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats really neat - to work on the value and see it in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knitting Christmas socks furiously for my adoring grandson, so this is on the back burner for the moment but looking forward to getting back to it!

    ReplyDelete