Friday, June 6, 2014

Value Propostion QAL - Partial Block 1

Welcome to my Value Proposition Quilt Along (QAL). Today I will share with you the first of four Partial Blocks which are used to fill in the sides of the quilt.


Value Proposition Map for Partial Block 1



Value Proposition Recipe for Partial Block 1
  • Cut 4 Dark identified as A on Map
  • Cut 10 Medium identified as B on Map
  • Cut 8 Light identified as C on Map

My Value Proposition Partial Block 1

This is my Partial Block 1 in black & white. Again I have use up some scraps so there is an assortment of fabrics used. You can make this partial block now or if you prefer you can wait until we are further along in the process so that you can use leftovers to make it! If scrappy isn't to your taste just limit yourself to three fabrics to make this block.


This is a colour picture of my Partial Block 1. You can see I've used an assortment of darks, mediums and lights. I used two lighter blue patches and the block would have been more effective if they had been a little darker however it is a scrappy quilt so I made do with what I had on hand at the moment and in the end when the quilt top was stitched together it all worked just fine!


I set up a Value Proposition QAL page on Flickr so that you can post picture of your blocks and also see what others are doing! There are many very different and exciting blocks to see so do drop by and if you have time leave a comment if you see something you like!

If you are looking for previous Value Proposition QAL installments you will find all of the links under the tab Quilt Alongs by Karen H just under the banner. I hope you enjoy making Partial Block 1. Block 5 will be available on June 13, 2014 and Block 6 will be available on June 27, 2014. If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email. I send an email response to every comment so if you don't hear from me it means you are a no-reply blogger!

Until I post again, happy sewing!
Karen H

4 comments:

  1. Karen I am liking the scrappy look. I am even rethinking some of my initial choices a little but but we will see how it all comes together. I'm having fun with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I love this quilt! How many partial blocks will we be making? Just one of each? The quilt seems pretty large for that.

    ReplyDelete