Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The diamond border is done!

My shortest post ever...I think! Last night I completed the diamond applique border for my quilt "81".


They will be the final border on the quilt.


 
The final step will be to cut the cornerstones and applique something to them....maybe butterflies since there are lots of them flying around the baskets!

And if you need a little hexagon inspiration check out Cathy's Hexagon Mandala Quilt on her blog Cabbage Quilts!


Doesn't it make you want to make your own mandala quilt?

Until I post again, happy sewing!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful diamond border! This quilt is going to be a stunner :)
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilda! It my quilt looks half as good as your Carolina Lily I'll be a very happy quilter!

      Delete
  2. It certainly does!
    I thought the mandala quilt was much bigger then I was surprised to read that it was just 24" square and that the smallest hexy was only 1/2".
    I think I could squeeze one of those in, between other projects :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mandala is lovely and I have a stack of small pieces of William Morris prints. I think they would be really nice for the mandala. And maybe a few borders to really showcase the centre! I'm pretty sure I could squeeze this one in too!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Lia - I think it will be the perfect finishing touch on the quilt!

      Delete
  4. Love those borders so pretty.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete