Monday, June 1, 2015

The middle section of Birds is done!

The middle section of Birds in the Loft hexagon quilt is together and that means the quilt top is almost done. The two side sections are now stitched to the centre medallion and I am beyond thrilled with how it looks! I think the border creates a really nice visual stop and it frames the quilt perfectly!


There are only two seams left and they will be be those that attach the top and bottom units to the centre. Once they are added it will be completed and it will be time to think about a new project. I've got oodles of ideas plus one or two projects to finish. Maybe I'll finish one of them before I start something new! Time will tell.

Until I post again, happy sewing!
Karen H


19 comments:

  1. This is lovely, so pretty! Thank you for sharing her with us. Can't wait to see her completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stunning Karen. Just beautiful! I can't believe how quickly you put it all together. Looking forward to seeing what you will tackle next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen! I knew it would look great but it looks even better ! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The end is in sight! It is so great to see it coming to life, with all the colours and patterns. Onwards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just gorgeous Karen. I love the medallion look. I know it's been a lot of work but ohhh so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so beautiful and amazing! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow! You must be very proud of this, it's gorgeous. GREAT border

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous Karen, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Beautiful work Karen, I'm not surprised you're thrilled with it it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so gorgeous, Karen! Those centers look like beautiful rubies set amongs other gem stones. I agree - the border makes it outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic and gorgeous quilt karen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am beyond thrilled with you!!! The colours just sing, and are so rich looking. The red border definitely frames it beautifully!! Congrats for this FANTASTIC accomplishment! This is a quilt that a person would need to spend a lot of time looking at just to take in ALL the fine details. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG its a stunner already!
    You are remarkable girl ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is an inspiration to me. I have passed your link to others who are wondering what to do with EPP. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hexie birds is magnificent!!!

    ReplyDelete