Monday, August 26, 2013

Swaps, treasures and quilting Africa!

Well I signed up for the Secret Tote Bag Swap and one of the things you have to do is make a photo mosaic of things you like to give your partner inspiration. Lest you thing I am adept at using the computer let me set the record straight! I am a picnic when it comes to the computer (problem in chair not in computer). I've tried making a mosaic and it generally reduces me to tears in a matter of only a couple of minutes so I decided I'll just throw a bunch of things I like on the wall, take a picture and call it a mosaic. So that's what I did and it worked!


The owl is a wall hanging I made last year and I call it Owl at Night (you can see the whole quilt in my Gallery). I hung four fabrics I really like at the bottom and on the left is a bag pattern I like. So if you are thinking of signing up for the swap but the mosaic thing is holding you back, just take a photo of things you like!

There was a yard sale on the weekend and I picked up two little treasures to add to the curio cabinet! The first is a cute little wooden house. I measures a small 4" tall! This is the front door with a path leading to it.


On the back are two people chatting.


I had no idea what it was but played around with it and discovered that the house comes off the base. It is a little treasure box! Wonder what I should put in it?


The second piece I got is a little cherub riding on a shell! Cute little vase!


I continue to work on Mom's African quilt. I removed the row of stitching above the fraying and did some jagged edge quilting instead. I am much happier with the hut now. The base of the hut is quilted with straight lines going back and forth.


I've quilted a square type of motif for the ground and will now have to think about the sky. Something simple but dense. I like the quilting in the red bands. I think it fits well with the "Africa" theme!


And here is a shot from the back. I love the way it is looking!


Time to take the cats to the vet for their annual exam and jabs! Until I post again, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment