Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sewing jewelry

I like having "sewing jewelry"; it doesn't improve the quality of my work but it fun to have and nice to look at! Today I thought I would share a couple of my favourites with you!

I love scissor fobs and tassels for small scissors because it makes it so easy to find them when they are in a box with sewing goodies! I made this scissors tassel several years ago! It has a large lobster claw clasp so that I can remove the tassel if necessary. The berry and pomegranate colours of the beads are so juicy!


Another bit of sewing jewelry that I made is a necklace with a Clover Thread Cutter. I use it when I'm hand sewing but I've also worn it as a necklace and I always get compliments!


If you aren't familiar with a Clover Thread Cutter it is the little round disc. Inside the disc is a circular blade; you just push your thread between the notches  and your thread is cut. This is a great tool to have around your neck when you are out and sewing because you don't have to worry about losing your scissors! I collect interesting beads like the face bead and I find a place where I can show them off!


I've got to get to the post office to mail OhioLori her scissor fob. She said she likes roses so I used a fabric with wild roses.


On the other side of the fob is a butterfly! I sure hope she likes it as it is one of a kind and was made especially for her!

Time for me to get back to the Gardens of a King blocks. Tomorrow it is time for Block 14 in my Value Proposition Hexagon Quilt Along. This time you will use "made" fabric for some of your hexagons. What is that you ask? Well you'll just have to come back tomorrow to find out!

Until I post again, happy sewing!
Karen H

6 comments:

  1. These are very pretty. Ohio Lori is one lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sewing jewelry! Can't wait to see what you have planned for our hexies tomorrow. Have a lovely day Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sewing jewellery. I have the clover cutter, but it just sits in my sewing tin. Heaven help me if I drop it on the plane! I should make a chain for it.

    Just wondering, on the scissor fobs what do you use to tie your fob to the handle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty beads and scissor fob. Like the tassel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sewing jewelry is very pretty. I know Lori will love her scissors fob. Who wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh I DO Loooove my Scissor Fob! It is GORGEOUS!!! Will definitely be well used & loved for loooong time!! Am honored & Blessed to have such a Special gift! Thank You again to my new Sweeet Friend!

    Ohio Hugs!
    Lori :)

    ReplyDelete