Thursday, April 11, 2013

New Block of the Month Pattern Posted, Cute Pincushions and Chocolate Cookies

My new block of the month pattern is now posted. The inspiration is William Kurelek's painting "The Pioneer". It is from a series of paintings that depict the life of Ukrainian immigrants on the Canadian Prairies. I hope you enjoy reading about Kurelek and enjoy the pattern.



I've also posted the promised instruction sheet for making homemade spray starch. It is a follow-up to yesterday's post. All you need is water, cornstarch and vodka!

While travelling around the blogosphere I came across a cute little pincushion pattern at Green Bee. The pattern is free. It sews up quick and easy and I had one completed in less than 30 minutes!


It is ten inches long finished and it sits nicely in front of the sewing machine! Thanks to Alexia for this great little pattern. I do love my pincushions!

There is a terrific recipe for Devil's Food Chocolate Chip Cookies on Pots and Pins. I sent the link to my brother and although the weather here is dreadful he had to go to the grocery store to get the ingredients to make himself some of these delish cookies. Sure hope he shares one or two with me. Nice hot cuppa and a cookie would go down a treat!

Until I post again, happy sewing (and baking too)!

1 comment:

  1. Karen, finally am commenting, the blog is great...So nice of you to share your methods, and ideas...I have been a fan of yours for many years....
    Gail

    ReplyDelete